By Leean Sack
There is a chill in air… We all know what is coming, love it or hate it….Winter!
I’m already thinking to myself, “How am I going to survive this winter with 2 very active toddlers without going completely stir crazy?” I usually hit the hibernation button and call it till Spring, but I must take the bull by the horns with this one. I’m not a fan of winter but perhaps the twins will convince me otherwise.
With the colder weather sometimes comes struggles with isolation, loneliness, boredom and depression. Be proactive; make a plan for this winter; be prepared; get out there if you can. Not all mommies enjoy the cold and snow but there are plenty of things to do to keep you out and about this winter. So, whether you are that outdoor sledding kind of mom or stay inside where its warm kind of mom, plenty of options and opportunities to have those moments, Mommy Moments.
Here are a few options that I will be checking out — check out the websites for more info on the different programs they have to offer.
- Playdate at the Miller Center on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00am-10:30am. (FREE)
- Movies Nights at the O.N.E. Youth Center (FREE)
- Family Gym on Fridays & Sundays from 10:15am-11:45am ($5 per visit for non-member families with 1 child, $8 per visit for non-member families with multiple children)
- Family Swim is $15 for a day pass for non-members
- Babytime (ages birth to 18 months) Thursdays from 10:15am-10:45am (FREE)
- Family Playshop (ages 0-5) Saturdays 10:30am-12:00pm (Pre-register) (FREE)
- Indoor Play Area (daily passes, monthly passes, specials…check out their website for more details)
- Did you know that Northgate receives $2 vouchers for admission from ECHO? Come to the office and grab a few!
- Did you know Northgate receives $2 vouchers to select shows? Keep in the loop via Northgate’s Facebook for announcements.
Don’t forget Northgate has a Play Date Group on Tuesdays and Fridays (Fletcher Free Library Day, storytelling, etc.) from 10am-11am right in the community hall (FREE).
Leean Leean is mom to toddler twins and keeps them active and happy amid their abundant energy and inquisitiveness.