Just one of Northgate Apartment's fun social activities is a regular night out for adults aged 50 and over. Sometimes we cook at home, and sometimes we head out to a local restaurant together. Last month, we made this delicious Cheese and Tomato Pie. It's perfect for the fall season, warm and hearty!
6 Servings per pie
- 1-2 tomatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup green onion
- A 9-inch pre-baked pie crust (pre-baked is 7-9 minutes in oven at 350)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Pat your sliced tomatoes with a paper towel to dry, place in pie crust
- place basil leaves and onion on top of tomatoes; season with salt and pepper to taste
- Combine grated cheeses and mayonnaise and spread mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow pie to rest for 15 minutes, and serve with a nice salad!